THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL USERS (the “Users”) OF THE WEB SITE lyricsporal.com and the related sites (the “Site”) and the services offered by the Site (the “Services”). The Site and its Services are under the exclusive operation of the Association des professionels de l’édition musicale (“APEM”).
The Site offers the following Services:
- publishing song lyrics in order to put them at the disposal of the general public in accordance with the legal authorization of their authors and/or publishers and/or administrators;
- allowing the general public to access song lyrics solely and entirely for personal and non-commercial purposes.
The Site’s contents are also available through Copibec’s (Société québécoise de gestion collective des droits de reproduction) SAMUEL platform dedicated to educational facilities (“SAMUEL”). Any User who has access to SAMUEL must use said contents through SAMUEL and in accordance with its terms and conditions. It is therefore illegal to use the Site and its Services. This notably includes downloads and the reproduction of its contents by teachers for distribution or communication to their pupils for educational, homework or exam purposes.
The User does not have any rights over any element of the Site included in the Site. The Site, domain name and trade names as well as any element included in the Site are the exclusive property of APEM.
Third Party Ownership
All third party rights over the intellectual property included on the site are expressly reserved. This notably includes the lyrics of published musical works which are the property of their authors and/or publishers.
Site and Services
APEM reserves the right to modify, in part or in whole, the Site and its Services at any time and at its sole discretion.
It is strictly forbidden, through action or omission, in any way whatsoever, by oneself or a third party:
- to copy or extract the contents of the Site;
- to use the Site or its Services for unauthorized, illegal or criminal purposes;
- to place an order under a false name in order to deceive another person or APEM;
- to modify, copy, misuse or circumvent the Site’s code and/or its protection mechanisms;
- to prevent or limit the access to the Site or its Services by another user;
- to upload any virus or malicious program to the Site;
- to illegally obtain, modify or copy third party information;
- to act in any way against the requirements of good faith or any other obligation stemming from any applicable law.
Choice of Court
All rights reserved — ASSOCIATION DES PROFESSIONNELS DE L’ÉDITION MUSICALE